Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Weighty Weight Week 2

Ta-dan! It's the start of week 2 of my diet and have to report on my current weight. I used the same scale in the same mall in roughly the same clothes I was in before, and guess what - I'm now 14 stones and 13 pounds. That means I lost 4 pounds!! Wooohooo! (cue Blur's Song2 riffs) Ain't that great? I just hope they keep coming off 'coz I'm really getting the hang of it.

Years ago I did the Weight Watchers diet and I vividly remember in the first 2-3 weeks I was sooo hungry all the time. I did lose about 1 1/2 stones that time but it only lasted about 6 months and I was back to my old ways again. With this South Beach diet, I only feel hungry occassionally. Quite a strange sensation. We're supposed to be in a very strict no-carbs-no-sugar-diet in the first 2 weeks but I didn't follow it strictly. I eat a little amount of carbs when I'm feeling woozy probably from too low sugar level. But even then I lost weight. Great! Looking forward now to next weeks' weighing in.

No comments: