Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A New Chapter Unfolding

A few months ago I mentioned my getting redundant from my work of more than 10 years. The times after that was fraught for me and my former colleagues with lots of anxiety, worries, frustrations, and disappointments. Thankfully now, relief and delight has replaced those emotions. While most of my ex-colleagues have remained in the London area, I'm off to pastures anew in the West Midlands. Yes sir, I'll be working with a company in the outskirts of Birmingham, the second premier city in Britain. For now, I will stay there during the week and come home every weekend. I'll see first how things work out before making the decision of whether to move the whole family. Certainly one of the plus side in living there is the affordable houses and flats. The general cost of living is cheaper as well. Let's hope this will be the start of a brand new adventure for our family. :)

No comments: