Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Water of Life

I’ve always believed that plants react to their environment including people and their prevailing emotions. Several times when I was in high school I experimented with my mother’s plants talking everyday for several weeks to one plant while ignoring the other identical plants in identical pots sited on the same place in the yard. The one I talked to without a doubt looked more lush, healthier, and grew faster than the rest. After about 2 months I stopped talking to it and it sort of regressed to the same average state as the others.

Now in Jaime Licauco’s column in the Philippine Daily Inquirer, he discusses not just the effect on plants of human thoughts and emotions but also of a Japanese research on the effect in water. Yes, that’s right – water. Click here for the full article.

No comments: