Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Magic Mushrooms

I always see this shop on my way to work. It's only now that I got the chance to take a picture. All along I thought magic mushrooms or psylocybe mushrooms were illegal since they are hallucinogenic. According to the Transform Drug Policy Foundation, it seems farmers and retailers found a loop hole in the law
which classifies the active ingredients in the mushrooms as Class A drugs,
(and therefore illegal)
but not the fresh mushrooms themselves.
A widely circulated letter from Ian Breadmore (Home Office drug licensing section, 17 February 2003) stated that 'it is not illegal sell or give away a freshly picked mushroom provided that it has not been prepared in any way' and has been taken by vendors as official permission for their activities.


Hmmm, very curious situation. I'm just not sure if I'd be willing to try these in my stir-fry. :LOL:

No comments: